Saturday, January 30, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

So, this week has been just a little crazier than usual.  Tuesday night we had a party with Chris, Betty, TJ and Lacey.  It was a lot of fun, but a little last minute.  I was out running errands when we decided to do it.  Poor William just wanted his bed by the time I got home.  So, it was a little crazy cleaning and cooking.  I have a confession.  I hadn't taken down our Christmas decorations, so I had to do it that day so I had space for everything.  It's wonderful having a little apartment.  You have to keep everything clean or else there isn't space for anything!  It really gets me cleaning.

Wednesday was much more calm, until I went to pick up Scott.  When I got in my car, it smelled normal.  By the time I got to campus (about 5 min) I was starting to get a headache from the fumes.  Scary!  We spent the drive home with all the windows rolled down.  I got home and realized that my kitchen smelled funny too.  I thought it was just me, but then we called the apartment office and found out that the apartment two floors below ours was getting painted.  They didn't want to open the windows down there, so William and I bundled up and opened the windows up here.  So crazy!

Thursday morning we decided to take the cars to get fixed (Scott's car had two lights come on and the back wheel sounded weird).  So, both cars went to the dealers and we got a rental car.  I wasn't sure if they were still painting so I decided to spend the day on campus.  While on campus I heard sirens towards the Southeast end of campus.  Where the engineering buildings are.  Turns out that there was a contractor drilling in the Clyde.  He hit an electrical wire coming out of a transformer.  Poor guy got burned and his drill melted.  He's out of the hospital now.  All the lights went off in the Clyde and a CO filter got knocked out.  Which tripped the alarm.  They've fixed the filter so it's safe to get in the building and they're hoping to get the power back on for church tomorrow.  Needless to say that all classes in the Clyde were cancelled Thursday and Friday.  The Crabtree CADEM lab and lounge are overcrowded, but that's ok.  Engineers still have to do their work.  I got my car back that afternoon.  Scott's car is still waiting for parts.

Friday was relatively calm.  I went to talk to a counselor on campus and my visiting teachers came.  I worked on Primary stuff and William took a nap.  This morning I went back to campus for a postpartum exercise study.  I'm in the stretching group, which is good, since I can stretch anywhere.  After campus I went to a stake primary leadership training.  It was really good.  I'm excited for the stuff we get to learn this year.  Our theme is "I Know My Savior Lives."  Isn't that awesome?  I've spent most of my day doing primary stuff.  Tomorrow should be fun.  Scott has been preparing his lesson too.  So, it's been a good day.  We're watching the BYU v UofU basketball game right now.  BYU is wearing pink.

What's Up Dude?

Distracting Daddy from Homework

Moooooooooo

No comments: